Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Great Hollingsworth Kitchen Remodel Begins......

Well, I usually post and blog all about the kids.....what they're up to, what's been going in in their lives, and so forth. Well, this time I have decided to blog about out kitchen remodel, which is now in full swing. I usually keep my house out of it, but I thought I'd like a record of this remodel to look back on one day and say...."I can't believe we tackled this on our own!" So, Lance & I have embarked on this remodel, and I plan on blogging the progress!


My outdated kitchen, before the remodel. We have been on our home for 9 years, and I was just ready for some updating of walls, countertops, appliances, and just ready to freshen it up in general!









Prepping took like 2 solid days.......just taking off hardware, sanding, woodfilling....Lance wouldn't let me take down his coffeemaker until the last possible minute!




Well, looks like I have an excuse to eat out for a few days......Thanks to Mr. Hollingsworth for helping Lance take out the old oven and microwave!



Here comes the primer! Lance & I spent all night applying primer....I think we're still a little giddy from all the harsh odors.......









Stay tuned for paint pics......currently painting today....we'll see how much gets done with 2 very energetic kids afoot! Will post again very soon!

Love, Gretchen






No comments: