Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Truly Wonderful Day.....

 Well, after months and months of training, service work, and prayer, Jesse received the Sacrament of Confirmation last night, with family friend and neighbor Scott as his sponsor at the Church of the Immaculate Conception! First of all, I haven't been to the cathedral in years, and it was more beautiful than I remembered. There was something to look at in every corner of that church.....
 Scott's wife, and my dear friend Amy, took most of these wonderful pictures....I was able to enjoy Jesse's moment while she flashed away!
 A suddenly very nervous Jesse!  Awaiting his turn to receive the sacrament from Bishop Steib.
 The Bishop took time with each Confirmandi and spoke to each before anointing them....I had a hard time keeping it together, I'm not going to lie!

 A very happy family and a very tired Claire at the reception.  She would have slept on one of the chairs if I had let her!
 Jesse with his Nana and Paw Paw after the ceremony.
 Claire and her 8th grade prayer partner Gabby, who was also confirmed last night.  
Jesse working that bow tie and pocket square before leaving for the Cathedral.

Parenting is without a doubt the hardest job I've ever had, but moments like these really make it all worthwhile. I'm a very blessed mom, daughter, and wife......


A certain 8year old is about to turn 9 Saturday, so I promise to post again real soon!!

Love, Gretchen

No comments: